Thursday, September 08, 2005

Murdoch eats IGN

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26027

Good gravy! This bad news for humanity. But very useful ammunition at work; despite hard evidence in the form of increased profits, cash flow projections, audience<->publisher channel parallelism and some other buzzwords I had to use earlier today, The Powers That Be here still seem reluctant to sign off a project that's chiefly internet-based.

Perhaps they suspect it of dire and terrible things; some variety of witchcraft, like the diabolic musics which haunt the horned phonograph of Mr Edison, the eldritch and uncanny melodies to which unspeakable things cavort.

Cavort.

In the scuddy.

One of them - a Power That Is, I mean, not an unspeakable thing - once asked me "where [I] kept the internet."I think I left it down the back of the sofa. Possibly behind the fridge. Or maybe the dog ate it. You know the one. It's always listening to the gramophone. Like it hears something you don't...and isn't telling.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger teigan said...

But what did they mean?

PS Rupert is the antichrist.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Exhibit 9 said...

I don't know. "What," asked one today, "What in the end, what is war? In the end?"

We were not discussing war at the time, although I did look a bit cross at one point I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home